For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Loving Sailing (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i . e . the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, and payment details) whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason,or purchase goods or services. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing i t for the purposes mentioned below.
How we use your data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data was obtained.
These purposes include:
- helping us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preference s marketing — see ‘ Marketing and opting out ’ below
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfilment
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences notifying you of any changes which may affect you
- improving our services
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by email about products, services, promotions, and special offers which may be of interest to you . If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, tell us via mail. See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other areas within our companie
- our agents and service providers
- l aw enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment and personal details are encrypted using SSL technology for c ommunication and payment details are not retained by us
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance .
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time)
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively
- make your online experienc e more efficient and enjoyable.
The information we obtain from our use of online services will not usually contain your personal data. Although we may obtain information about your computer or other electronic devices such as your IP address, your browser and/or other internet log information, this will not usually identify you personally. In certain circumstances we may collect personal information about you – but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g. by completing an nline form) or where you pur chase goods or services from us.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies. org
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to locations outside the European Economic Area for the purposes listed above. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract which will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
You have the right, subject to the pay ment of a small fee (currently SEK100 ) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If yo u wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (e . g . a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- attach a cheque in the amount of SEK100 made pay able to Loving Sailing AB
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e . g . account number, username, registration details)
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for irect marketing purposes If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is accept able)
- provide us with enough information to identify you
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please use the details available on the Loving Sailing website.